We offer a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program because families are tied with heartstrings.
Heart patients have the opportunity to participate in their own recovery toward a healthy, more active lifestyle.
This unique, patient-centered program is conveniently offered through our network of Denver area hospitals: Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center and Saint Joseph Hospital. We offer a personalized approach to recovery through the key components of exercise, education and encouragement. Our exceptional team of healthcare professionals includes registered nurses, physical therapists, dietitians and exercise physiologists—all dedicated to making the process of recovery a positive and rewarding experience.
- Exercise: a personalized exercise program is designed to improve the efficiency and stamina of the heart as well as overall physical health
- Education: a wide range of information is shared with both patients and families to help develop a more positive lifestyle
- Encouragement: support from cardiac rehabilitation professionals and fellow participants reduces anxiety and renews self-confidence.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is comprised of a variety of supportive features, such as:
- Closely monitored exercise classes held at convenient times throughout the day
- Active family involvement through support groups and educational classes
- Individual consultations and group seminars that focus on management of heart disease, diet changes, exercise, and risk factors (e.g., cholesterol, stress, smoking, high blood pressure)
Ongoing programs are available to cardiac rehabilitation graduates to support continued heart health.
The cardiac rehabilitation program is available to anyone with coronary heart disease. A physician referral is required prior to program participation. Physicians receive progress reports on a regular basis.
Many insurance companies cover all or part of the cardiac rehabilitation program costs. Coverage may vary with individual policies and should be checked prior to entering the program. Members of the cardiac rehabilitation staff can provide assistance, if needed.
For more information on our cardiac rehabilitation program, call Good Samaritan Medical Center at 303-689-6580.
For our other Denver hospitals, call Lutheran Medical Center at 303-403-3602 or Saint Joseph Hospital at 303-837-6837.