From pregnancy calculators to pregnancy books, there are many, many resources for expecting families.
Our staff is here to help you sift through these, and our Resource Library on the third floor of Good Samaritan Medical Center is open to you Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Below is a list of helpful resources and organizations.
Good Samaritan Numbers
- Center for Childbirth: 303-689-4700
- Center for Childbirth Registration Information: 303-689-4701
- Hospital Main Line: 303-689-4000
- Breastfeeding Helpline (8 a.m. – 4 p.m., 7 days a week): 303-689-4766
- After Hours Breastfeeding Helpline: 303-689-4720
- Family Education and Support: 303-689-4700
- Breast Pump Rental: 303-689-4703
- Birth Certificates: 303-689-4723
- Saint Joseph Hospital Classes (Prenatal Yoga, Marvelous Multiples, Teen-Specific Courses): 303-812-4640
- Support for Post-Partum Depression (9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, Call 911 for Emergencies): 303-689-4700
- Baby’s First Ride Reservations: 303-908-8326
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do before I come to the hospital?
Please pre-register your hospital stay during your 28th week of pregnancy. Fill out this online form or call 303-689-4701 to complete your registration. Prior to admission, we will attempt to contact your insurance carrier to verify eligibility and benefits. Additional information will be provided at your 36-week appointment.
I'm planning on delivering at Good Samaritan – how do I schedule a tour?
Tours are held several times a month. You can register online or by calling 303-689-4701.
How do I find out more information about Good Samaritan’s Center for Childbirth?
Our staff is happy to discuss what is important to you and your family. Register online for a tour or call us at 303-689-4701.
Do I need to call my insurance company to tell them I’m having a baby?
Yes, it is a good idea to call your insurance carrier to determine authorization needs and benefits eligibility, as well as to determine the amounts of your co-pays and deductibles.
Ask these questions to your insurance company.
It is also important to note that you generally have 30 days from the date of birth to add your newborn to your primary insurance policy. We will notify your insurance carrier if you or your baby stays at the hospital longer due to complications.
What do I do if I am uninsured?
Please call our financial assistance counselors at 303-689-4951.
What should I bring to the hospital?
We recommend packing two bags for your stay: a bag for labor and a bag for postpartum. Here is a list of suggested items for each bag.
Health and Wellness Library
Use our Health and Wellness Library to search for the topics that interest you, or go straight to pregnancy-specific topics in our library.