Your Stay With Us
When you are admitted to Good Samaritan Medical Center, please bring:
- A list of the medications you are taking. Make a list or bring all your pill bottles with you to the hospital—these include prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements, vitamins, etc.
- Picture identification, such as a driver's license, state ID card, or passport.
- Your insurance card.
- Personal items to make your hospital room feel more like home. You might like to have one or two small framed pictures, a pillow or throw, your slippers and robe.
Please do not bring:
- Small electronics
- Anything of value
We encourage you to be very involved in your healthcare. Feel free to ask questions of any member of you healthcare team and to ask any question you would like. Here are some you might consider:
- What is your name?
- What role do you play on my healthcare team?
- What is the medication you are giving me and what is it for?
- What can I expect during this procedure?
- What will this procedure tell you and why is that important?
- What is my diagnosis?
- What plan of care do you recommend for me?
- Have you washed your hands since seeing your last patient?