At SCL Health, we have one standard: excellence. Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, Colorado, strives each day to provide the best healthcare in the nation. Our hospital is built on the traditions of two of the most respected hospitals in metro Denver: Saint Joseph Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center.
To foster healing and health for the people and communities we serve.
Patient Advocacy Philosophy
The patient and family are the center of every thought, communication and action at Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is owned and managed by SCL Health.
President and CEO
Todd Mydler, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Susan Kerschen, RN, MS
Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Vice President, Clinical and Support Services
Sandy Cavanaugh. Ed.D.
Vice President, Community and Business Development
Vice President, Finance
Many opportunities are available for healthcare professionals in all nursing and ancillary service areas. Search our open positions »
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Adult Critical Care Services
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Integrative Medicine
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Labor and Delivery, Center for Childbirth
- Level II Neonatal Care Unit
- Level II Trauma Center
- Orthopedics, Bone and Joint Institute
- Radiology and Imaging Services
- Rehabilitation Service, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System
- Surgical Services
- Stroke Center
- Women and Family Services
234 (with potential to expand to 350 beds as the community grows).
477,000 square feet on 77 acres
What Sets Us Apart
Good Samaritan Medical Center features:
- Spacious private patient rooms
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Mountain and garden views
- Walking trails
- Incorporation of natural landscaping to capture the essence of Colorado
- A central healing garden
- Soothing water features and colorful flowers
- Room service
- Integrative care (mind-body techniques for surgical procedures, acupuncture, massage therapy and healing touch)
All designed to reflect our focus on healing.
Commitment to Our Community
To uphold SCL Health's not-for-profit status by identifying community health needs and providing leadership to meet those needs, working collaboratively with other agencies to improve access to healthcare and charity care, promoting high quality healthcare through public education and advocacy.